You’re not too late to plan your summer Lake District break at Windermere Marina Village, as our late holiday deals in the Lake District offer all you need..
Centrally located we are blessed with some stunning scenery and mountains. Perfect for walking, climbing and exploring.
But there is so much more to the Lake District than just this! Discover the many festivals, restaurants, gardens, sporting events of all kinds, workshops and exhibitions to name but a few. The Lake District is full of things to do if you don’t fancy walking up a hill!
There's plenty happening all over the Lake District throughout July and August. Agricultural and traditional county shows are a huge part of Lake District heritage and a great day out for all, whilst tourist attractions throughout the area schedule an abundance of activities to keep everyone entertained.
Some of our favourites include -
- Brockhole, the Lake District Visitor Centre. Packed with great events throughout the summer for everyone both on land and on the water. With everything from Archery to Bushcraft and Guided cycling trips to 'Wordsworth Wednesdays' there something for all ages and interests. Why not save on parking and traffic and take a Windermere Lake Cruise - don't forget as a resident of Windermere Marina Village you also save 10% on all cruise prices.
- Thursday 14th September is The Westmorland County Show - a great day out and one of the major livestock shows in the North of England. With artisan food and drink, goats, alpacas, heavy horses and much more there's plenty for all the family. Winner of the Tourism Event of the Year in the Cumbria Tourism Awards 2015 it's always popular so get there early!
- Grasmere Sports takes place on Sunday 27th August and is a fantastic traditional Lake District sports event. With trail running, sheepdog displays and trial hounds step back in time and enjoy all the fun of a traditional Lake District day out!
- Wray Castle is a beautiful 5 mile lakeside walk or bike ride from Windermere Marina Village, this National Trust property offers sailing taster days amongst others. After a long day there's a boat service to bring you back to Bowness if little legs are to tired.
- For a family day out of all of the family take a trip to the Lakeland Maze Farm Park This years maze is in the shape of the Millennium Falcon, but there's plenty to do besides including a zip wire, petting barn, tractor rides, large outdoor play area with tractors, trampolines and lots more.
Our fantastic properties start from only £664 in the Summer School holidays. Sleeping up to 10 people and with selected cottages accepting pets there's something for everyone!
Push the boat out and hire our Windermere Penthouse Apartment!
Why not bring all the family and take our amazing Penthouse Apartment 43. Sleeping up to 10 people this property has an amazing balcony with views across the marina and Lake Windermere beyond. With plenty of space for all ages including a huge den with seating for 10 and a large open plan kitchen. Weekend 3 night breaks start from just £1463 for 10 people including unlimited use of the Old England Leisure Club – great to keep big and small kids entertained for those rainy days.
A selection of late availability for the school summer holidays in our Cottages and Apartments is listed below but be quick as we're booking up quickly!