By making a booking you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions:
1. We expect that guests take good care of the property, keep it clean and tidy throughout their holiday and leave it clean and tidy upon their departure. This care is to include all utensils, crockery, equipment and linen. Whilst you may not necessarily be charged for minor items, you should be aware that all damages and breakages are your responsibility and their replacement cost shall be repayable on demand. Please report any damages/ breakages to reception on or before departure in order that we may fix/replace these prior to the next guests arrival.
2. The lead name on the booking/arrival form is held responsible for the behaviour of the party and for the condition in which the property is left at the end of the stay.
3. You are expected to show due consideration for other people, not to make excessive noise to disturb others, not to abuse the property or display rude, dangerous or offensive behaviour towards staff, security patrols or any other third parties. All guests are asked to make no noise between the hours of 11pm and 7am. Possession of the property can be refused or you can be asked to leave before the end of the holiday if we feel this is not adhered to.
4. Open fires or BBQ’s are not permitted on the balconies or terraces or any other part of the marina except the designated BBQ area available on the edge of the lake.
5. Each property is limited to a maximum occupancy as detailed at the time of booking. This is determined by the number of beds plus one infant under the age of 2 years in a cot. This must not be exceeded and includes all children aged 2 and over. If you exceed maximum occupancy we reserve the right to refuse possession of the property or ask you to leave before the end of your holiday.
6. It is your responsibility to check the property meets your requirements and we cannot be responsible for ensuring the property is entirely suitable for you. We cannot accept any bookings that are specified to be conditional upon a particular request.
7. Each property is available from 4.00pm on day of arrival until 10.00am on day of departure unless otherwise confirmed in writing. Check in is from 4.00pm until 5.30pm, please advise by telephone if you are planning to arrive after this time and special arrangements can be made.
8. A deposit of one third of the full rental charge is payable at time of booking, with the full balance payable 6 weeks before your scheduled day of arrival. We reserve the right to cancel any holiday where payment is not received in full 6 weeks before arrival. Full payment is required for bookings made less than 6 weeks in advance of arrival.
9. One parking space is allocated for each property unless otherwise stated in the property description. Additional parking is available nearby but cannot be guaranteed or reserved.
10. Smoking is not permitted in any property; charges up to the full cost of the following weeks rental can be made if it is suspected you have smoked in the property.
11. A maximum of two dogs are permitted in selected properties only. Where dogs are allowed they are the responsibility of their owners at all times and the following terms and conditions also apply:
i. Dogs are not permitted on any furniture or in bedrooms.
ii. Dogs must be kept on a lead and under the control of the owner at all times and may not be left alone in the property unattended.
iii. Owners must clean up after their dogs whilst in the grounds of Windermere Marina Village, bags and bins are available.
iv. No evidence of the dog must be left in the property or balcony on your departure.
v. You will be required to vacate your property immediately, without refund, if you are in breach of any part of these conditions.
12. Guests who bring pets to properties which do not allow pets will be refused possession of the property or made to vacate early. Please note this includes pets brought onto site with the intention of remaining in the car for duration of your stay.
13. Utility charges are included in the rental charge.
14. Cancellation by you:
i. Holiday cancellation insurance is not provided by Windermere Marina Village and is not included in the rental price. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure that, if required, appropriate travel insurance is in place.
ii. In the event that you have to cancel your rental you must notify Windermere Marina Village immediately in writing. In the event that you have to cancel you are still responsible for the payment of any outstanding rental charge.
iii. We shall seek to re-let the property at the best possible price but not necessarily at the advertised brochure/website price. If the property is fully or partially re-let we will refund to you less any discount offered to obtain another booking and an administration fee of £50.00 plus VAT within 2 weeks after the re-let has taken place.
iv. If we are unable to re-let the property for the period of the cancelled rental, all monies paid to us shall be forfeited.
15. Cancellation by us – Should your property prove unavailable we will, where possible, offer an equivalent alternative property or failing this a full refund.
16. Brochure and website accuracy relating to any property details are correct at the time of printing/publishing. Windermere Marina Village reserve the right to make alterations to the brochure/website at any time and shall endeavour to inform you of any such alterations. Windermere Marina Village cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to area amenities, attractions or services offered by a third party mentioned in the brochure or website.
17. All persons using any part of the Windermere Marina Village premises or facilities for whatever purpose, and whether by invitation or otherwise, do so at their own risk, in respect of injury, loss or damage to persons or property including vehicles and vessels. Except to the extent that such injury, loss, theft or damage may be caused by the negligence or wilful act of the Company or those for whom the Company is responsible.
18. Lost property items will be retained by Windermere Marina Village at their office premises for 28 days from date of departure. Items to be returned will incur a postage and packing charge. We do not accept responsibility for returning any items and do not return any food or drink items.
19. In all circumstances where you are asked to leave before the end of your booking or where you are refused entry to a property we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund or compensation.
20. A housekeeping deposit is required prior to check in for all properties. In the case of out of hours arrivals this will be taken over the telephone. A pre authorisation of £100 will be taken from a credit or debit card prior to property keys being issued. Providing the property is left in a satisfactory condition the pre authorisation will expire within 10 working days. Should we find it necessary make a charge we will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible following departure.
21. These booking Terms and Conditions supersede all previous issues.