Our Hawkshead holiday cottages, which overlook the marina, sleep up to 6 guests. We have 4 Hawkshead cottages, making them popular with family groups who want their own space, whilst staying close to each other.
If you’re looking for holiday cottages close to Bowness, our Hawkshead Cottages are favoured for their closeness to the village, as well as being some of our larger cottages designed for those that require a touch more space.
The living, kitchen and dining areas are situated on the first floor to make the most of the views out over the marina. From the patio doors off the living room, you can walk out onto the south facing balcony. Capture the evening sunsets whist enjoying a glass of wine after a busy day exploring.
If you’re looking for a holiday cottage in the lakes that sleeps 6, our Hawkshead cottage is perfect for you. The downstairs consists of two bedrooms that both overlook the main marina. The master bedroom has a king size bed and an en-suite shower room. The second bedroom is a twin that can be converted to a super king if required. The pull down double bed in the lounge allows for additional sleeping. The main family bathroom is located on the ground floor.
- Sleeps up to 6 guests
- Master bedroom with king size bed. En-suite shower room with shower cubicle, WC and wash basin on ground floor
- Twin bedroom with two single beds on ground floor. The single beds can be made into a super king size bed on request before arrival. This bedroom features a connecting door to the house bathroom
- Pull down double bed in living room on first floor
AT A GLANCE
- Ground and first floor cottage with a first floor balcony overlooking the main marina with over 300 boats
- One allocated parking space outside the property
- Less than a minute walk to The Boathouse Bar & Restaurant
- Complimentary use of Choices Health Club
- Approximately 880 square feet of accommodation
- One car parking space
- Patio furniture
- Pets not accepted
- Hair dryer
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Entrance hall with coat and boot storage cupboard
- Bedroom 1 with king size bed, views across the marina and an en-suite shower room with shower cubicle, WC and wash basin
- Bedroom 2 with two single beds with views across the marina. The single beds can be made into a super king size bed on request before arrival. This bedroom features a connecting door to the house bathroom
- House bathroom with bath, fitted shower, WC and wash basin, doors to bedroom 2 and hallway Both bedrooms can accommodate a travel cot if necessary
- Open plan living, dining and kitchen area with patio doors leading to balcony space
- Sitting-room with TV and Blu-ray player
- Kitchen with electric hob and oven, full size fridge/ freezer, dishwasher and microwave
- Adequate crockery, glasses, cutlery and cooking equipment
- Dining area to seat six people
- Pull down double bed that folds away when not in use
- One allocated car parking space directly outside the property, additional parking is available on site but this cannot be reserved and may not be adjacent to your property
- First floor balcony with small table and chairs to seat six people
WHEN CAN I STAY?
- Check in from 4pm, early check in 2pm available for £40
- Check out by 10am
- Arrive Monday or Tuesday for 4, 7, 11 or 14 nights
- Arrive Friday or Saturday for 2, 3, 7, 10 or 14 nights
- At selected times of the year flexible stays from 2 nights are available on any arrival day. In 2018 these dates are - 3rd January to 16th March, 13th April to 16th May and 26th October to 20th December. In 2019 - 3rd January to 30th March, 22nd April to 18th May and 25th October to 21st December.
NEED TO KNOW
- A security deposit of a £100 pre-authorisation is required on a credit or debit card when checking in
- Linen and towels provided
- No smoking
- Pets not accepted
- On-site washing facilities. Pay per use washing machine and tumble dryer
- Bike storage available on request. £5 per bike shed
- Cot and high chairs available to hire. Travel cot hire, £7 per stay and high chair £5 per stay. Available if requested before arrival
- Property towels. 1 bath sheet and 1 hand towel per person. 2 kitchen tea towels
- Essentials pack which includes; kitchen roll, toilet roll, dishwasher tablets and washing up liquid
- Full use of Choices Health Club
- Fully equipped kitchen including crockery, glasses and cooking equipment
- Hairdryers, iron & ironing boards
- Arrival tea and coffee provisions
- Exclusive local attraction discounts
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- Towels for use in the leisure club
- All of your food and drink as you are staying self-catering
- Personal toiletries and clothing for your stay