The Bowness holiday cottages we have sleep up to 6 guests, making them great for families or groups visiting the nearby village of Bowness. We have three self catering cottages in Bowness at Windermere Marina Village, all overlooking a small private inlet off the main marina.
The balcony area on the first level is accessed via the patio doors that lead out from the open plan lounge area. The living, kitchen and dining areas are situated on the first floor, whilst downstairs two bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower room and a family bathroom, complete the accommodation.
Our Ambleside and Bowness holiday cottages are located next to each other, making them ideal for larger groups.
These self catering cottages in Bowness have been carefully decorated and furnished to offer a relaxing escape. Built in traditional Lakeland slate, the cottages offer that "Lakeland character" combined with quality furnishings.
Please Note – the Bowness Cottages have a further discount applied as they are situated close to building work that is taking place on site and may experience some noise disruption from vehicles accessing the building.
Access to the Boathouse Bar and Restaurant, BBQ area and the marina is a 5 minute walk via an external public pavement which is unlit during darkness.
Parking is restricted to 1 car outside each property. Additional parking is available, free of charge, a 5 minute walk away on the main marina site.
- Sleeps up to 6 guests
- Master bedroom with king size bed. En-suite shower room with shower cubicle, WC and wash basin on ground floor
- Twin bedroom with two single beds on ground floor. The single beds can be made into a super king size bed on request before arrival
- Pull down double bed in living room on first floor
AT A GLANCE
- Ground and first floor cottage with a first floor balcony overlooking marina lagoon area. (Please note there are no marina views from this cottage)
- Accepts up to 2 well-behaved dogs by prior arrangement
- One allocated parking space outside the property
- Five minute walk to The Boathouse Bar & Restaurant
- Complimentary use of Cascades Health Club (subject to availability)
- Approximately 710 square feet of accommodation
- One car parking space
- Patio furniture
- Pet friendly
- Hair dryer
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Entrance hall and coat hanging area
- Bedroom 1 with king size bed and en-suite shower room with shower cubicle, WC and wash basin The master bedroom is large enough to accommodate a travel cot if necessary
- Bedroom 2 with two single beds. The single beds can be made into a super king size bed on request before arrival
- House bathroom with bath, fitted shower, WC and wash basin
- Open plan living, dining and kitchen area with patio doors leading to balcony space
- Sitting-room with TV and Blu-ray player
- Kitchen with electric hob and oven, full size fridge/ freezer, dishwasher and microwave
- Adequate crockery, glasses, cutlery and cooking equipment
- Dining area to seat six people
- Pull down double bed that folds away when not in use
- One allocated car parking space directly outside the property, additional parking for one car is available on site but this cannot be reserved and may not be adjacent to your property
- First floor balcony with small table and chairs to seat six people, this balcony does not overlook our main marina.
WHEN CAN I STAY?
- Check in from 4pm
- Check out by 10am
- Arrive Monday for 4, 7, 11 or 14 nights
- Arrive Friday for 2, 3, 7, 10 or 14 nights
- At selected times of the year flexible stays from 2 to 14 nights are available on any arrival day. In 2021 these dates are; 16th April to 19th May and 29th October to 13th December. In 2022; 3rd January to 31st March, 19th April to 23rd May and 30th October to 15th December
NEED TO KNOW
- A security deposit of a £100 pre-authorisation is required on a credit or debit card when checking in
- Linen and towels provided
- No smoking
- Pet Friendly. Accepts up to 2 well-behaved dogs by prior arrangement. £30 per pet per stay
- On-site washing facilities. Pay per use washing machine and tumble dryer
- Bike storage available on request. £5 per bike shed
- High chairs available to hire, £5 per stay. Available if requested before arrival
- Property towels. 1 bath sheet and 1 hand towel per person. 2 kitchen tea towels
- Essentials pack which includes; kitchen roll, toilet roll, dishwasher tablets and washing up liquid
- Full use of Cascades Health Club (subject to availability)
- Fully equipped kitchen including crockery, glasses and cooking equipment
- Hairdryers, iron & ironing boards
- Arrival tea and coffee provisions
- Exclusive local attraction discounts
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- Towels for use in the leisure club
- All of your food and drink as you are staying self-catering
- Personal toiletries and clothing for your stay
Need to know what to pack and what to bring? We know you probably can’t fit everything into the car. Please read our what to bring on your holiday guide.